shared bookmarks

Author: der.hans
To: quatsch
Subject: shared bookmarks
moin, moin,

at a recent meeting ( devel, I think ) some of us were talking about
having a better mechanism for adding links to the PLUG web site.

Some friends just mentioned something they were using.

http://del.icio.us/doc/about

Here's a review ( that I haven't looked at ) of several bookmark sharing
thingamabobs.

http://www.irox.de/roxomatic/687/social-bookmarks-review-reloaded

If we're gonna do this we should come up with features we want.

need:
. can export to PLUG web site
. can export to web browser bookmarks files
. edit individual entries
. group/heirarchisize bookmarks

want:
. rss feed
. a way to form group bookmark groups from inidividual collections
. an API to retrieve and edit the entries
. web browser plugins to make it easy to edit bookmark collections
. method to control content ( then again wide-open wikis seem to do OK, so
maybe we can do without this )

ciao,

der.hans
#  In order to live free and happily, you must sacrifice boredom.
#  It is not always an easy sacrifice.