Re: [Fwd: Re: InstallFest TODAY!!]

Author: Derek Neighbors
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: InstallFest TODAY!!]
I had my own installfest here at the house. :)

I installed Ubuntu Hoary Array 7 on my neighbors computer. It was
harder to obtain the media than install the software. :)

Then on my work laptop I created System Recovery CD to partition out
space for GNU\Linux install while preserving my XP installation (flog me
please... it is painful to admit I have XP running on a machine I use).
That by far was the hardest part of the installation.

I installed Ubuntu Hoary Array 7 and sound, high resolution X, ethernet
and all other functionality was detected and configured without human
intervention. The only exception was WLAN card. I was able to apt-get
the ndiswrapper utils. Downloaded the windows only driver. Issued 2
command lines and bingo I am now writing this with out having wires of
any kind attached to my laptop!!!!!

Being a hardcore Debian guy. Ubuntu has me converted. :) This is what
Hans wanted Knoppix to be a year or so ago (only with the right desktop ;))

Anyhow add two more computers to your install numbers and consider them
"remote installs".

-Derek