Re: quoting pains

Author: Craig White
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: quoting pains
On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 20:19 -0500, wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Craig White wrote:
> > I have a problem with quoting strings
> <snip>
> > which when POSTed - results in...
>
> AH! Don't pass an SQL query as a variable to a webpage. That means, if
> someone figures out what you're doing they can query anything in your
> database. They could post any SQL query that they wanted. Unless this
> is a very internal site, or you're somehow validating that string, you
> should change the way you're approaching this problem.

----
thanks for the advice - I suppose that I could pass the variables that I
used to identify/define the search itself, I could probably 'rebuild'
the string on the target - but this is in essence internal, it carries
no credentials, only the search string via a unix socket so I am not so
fearful.

Fields and values wouldn't be that hard to deduce - GPL software / known
users.

Craig