Re: rdesktop + sound

Author: Kevin
To: PLUG-DISCUSS
Subject: Re: rdesktop + sound
On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 20:11 -0700, Kevin wrote:
> Does anyone on this list have rdesktop[1] installed and access to a
> winDoh!s XP box? I would like to verify that rdesktop can play sound
> from an XP box before I go through the hassle of building one.

No replies, so I built one and it works fine. Used a *PURCHASED*
Wormdows XP cd to install XP Pro into a VMWare instance on a Linux
server.

Then, used rdesktop 1.3.1 on various Linux clients (also with valid M$
licenses) to connect via RDP to VMWare guest. Sound was transported
fine with the -r switch.

# rdesktop -r sound 10.1.1.5

Now client only has _one_ XP box to worry about in their network and
even that one can be quickly recovered using VMWare's snapshot feature
when it becomes infected or otherwise broken.

...Kevin