How to view a pdf file from within an html menu?

Author: Josef Lowder
To: plug-discuss
Subject: How to view a pdf file from within an html menu?

I guess I asked the wrong question in my previous inquiry
and one of the responses helped me to see more clearly ;))

Perhaps the question should have been stated this way:
Is there a way to open and view pdf files from within an html menu.

I use both Konqueror and Firefox, but when either opens a pdf
file, nothing is displayed, even though both xpdf and acro work
on my system. I think both K and F are trying to use some other
pdf reader that isn't working correctly.

So, perhaps an even better question might be how can I specify
which pdf reader to use in each browser? I can't find anytthing
under Konqueror > settings > configure Konqueror to accomplish
that; and when I try to open a pdf file with Firefox, it opens a
dialog box that says, "What should Firefox do with this file?"
and under the "Open with" option, the selection window is blank.