Re: Mapping applicaton?

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Mapping applicaton?
On Saturday 12 March 2005 09:10 pm, Trent Shipley wrote:

> GRASS
> http://grass.itc.it/

I found QGIS that integrates GRASS.

http://qgis.sf.net

Looks like more than I want to do right now. I think I'll just snag a map
from somewhere and add my own graphics to it. I'll use OOo Draw, layers
and all that.

> I am told that ESRI it ain't, but if you can figure it out then GRASS
> will get the job done. Does GRASS belong in the PLUG collection of
> interesting technical sites?

Sure. Include QGIS too.

> Also, it looks like the PostgreSQL folk released 8.0
>
> http://www.postgresql.org

I'll wait till the repositories have it. Good that they are still
developing stuff.

Alan