Re: How to restore /dev/fd0

Author: Josef Lowder
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: How to restore /dev/fd0

I did mknod /dev/fd0 b 2 0
and that restored the fd0 listing in /dev
but I still can't mount the floppy.
Tried it three different ways:

Clicked on the desktop "Floppy" icon
got this message: "Mount: Could not determine the file system type
    and none was specified."

Tried: mount /mnt/floppy
got the message: "Mount: You must specify file system type"

Tried: mount /dev/fd0
got the message "Can't find in /etc/fstab or mtab

Checked the /dev directory and found these:
brw-rw-r  1  root  root  2,0  (today's date) fd0
lrwxrwxrwx  1  root  root    8  (a 2004 date) floppy -> /dev/fd0

I guess I need to do something else to connect everything up.