Re: Nvidia driver with Suse 9.2

Author: KevinO
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Nvidia driver with Suse 9.2
Joshua Bryan wrote:

> Nice what distro? what games have you played with it? Does it make the
> graphics pretty nice??? Have you tried doom 3 yet? Sorry to ask it just
> has been hard to find fellow linux folk with the same family of video
> card. So I know the performance in windows (other then blue screens and
> lockups) but am still working on getting setup for linux and am wanting
> to know it is. So if you want you could let me know...

Please try to avoid html formatted emails -- Thanks.

The box with that card is running Mandrake 10.0 Official Edition. It runs Doom
3 full screen w/ 'high quality' settings and usable frame-rates. (1024x768 or
1280x1024 > 60 fps) The motherboard is an Asus A7N8X-X w/ an Athlon XP 2800+.
Other than a couple of games of Chromium, I haven't played any other games on
that box that uses the 3D acceleration.

The quality and speed is much better than the GeForce 4 Ti 4600 that was in
the box before.

The driver used is NVidia's 1.0.6629, obtained from the NVidia website.
(kernel source must be installed)

Take care,
- --
KevinO