Re: Can someone recommend a good/cheap motherboard for a Cel…

Author: Rudolfo Munguia
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Can someone recommend a good/cheap motherboard for a Celeron-D with Linux?
You should take a look at ASUS boards, they had quite a number of
boards available that would run dual celerons.

When considering boards remember that:

Intel chipsets are long lived and work as advertised but aren't
usually to speedy or overclock compatible

Via chipsets historically die sooner than Intel but usually are
tunable for greater speed and overclock-ability, problem is they have
also always had problems with latency and contention on the PCI bus

SiS are a general workhorse, not speedy, but long lived, and from what
I have seen they can be tuned for overclocking

-- So you should think about what you want to run on the box, then
just use your judgement.