Re: bash scripts conditionals and substrings

Author: Lynn David Newton
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: bash scripts conditionals and substrings

> #!/bin/sh

der.hans> Good, always leave the second line blank.

Whereas I have included a blank line *always* in any
script that uses a shebang, I've done so mainly because
it looks good. I'm sure I've seen scripts that don't
have one. Therefore, my question is whether there is a
technical reason why a blank line should be there? I
tend to doubt it, and have never read anything about
this that I can recall. (I probably would have
remembered it.)

--
Lynn David Newton
MontaVista Software