Re: Computer after InstallFest!

Author: Dennis Kibbe
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Computer after InstallFest!
On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 16:59:58 -0700
mike enriquez <> wrote:

> Thanks to all of you who sent me email about my computer running
> Mandrake. The problems were not resolved at InstallFest.
> It seems that Mandrake generates a "Segmentation Error" during the
> install of Firefox and Thunderbird.
> So installing Firefox and Thunderbird which seems very easy is not easy
> for my computer.
> I will just upgrade to Mandrake 10.2 which comes with Firefox.
> Thanks again to all who offered help.
> Mike

Mike,

If you can, please run:

strace mozilla-firefox >fferror.txt

from the commandline and either post it to the list (if not too long) or send it to me. It would be interesting to try to discover what's going wrong.

Dennisk
(NOTE: I think "mozilla-firefox" is the correct command. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)