Re: Plug Site Links (was Re: Hardware Compatibility Lists - …

Author: Eric \"Shubes\"
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Plug Site Links (was Re: Hardware Compatibility Lists - HCLs)
Eric "Shubes" wrote:
> Trent Shipley wrote:

>>> Hi, Trent.
>>>
>>> I've been meaning to get a hold of you you. I didn't know who you were
>>> at the last developers meeting until Alan told me, after you had left.
>>> I'd like to make some improvements to the links portion of the site, and
>>> Alan said that you're the man. Will you be at the developers meeting
>>> Thursday? If so, we can chat then.
>>

>> I too would love to change the design.
>>
>> I glanced at the PostNuke documentation for outbound web links. It
>> looks like what we have is THE option. One or more topical folders.
>>
>> Have you worked with PostNuke before?
>

> Worked with? I haven't even heard of it that I can remember. :)
> I'll try to check it out before Thursday's meeting.
>

>> In any event, I do plan to be at Thursday's development meeting.
>

> See you there.
>

>> (Why must content management systems be exercises in frustration?)
>

> I honestly don't know.
>
> In the mean time, I'll try to shoot you something (attachment or web
> posting, not sure which yet) to your email so you can get an idea of
> what I have.

I've posted my set of linux bookmarks (and their organization) to
http://wmachines.shubes.net/plugmarks.html

Everyone is welcome to have a gander at them. I know, it'd be nice to
have descriptions. I'm hoping that we can get that added (soon).

What I think is especially neat about this file (now web page), is that
it can be imported straight into a person's bookmarks, at least using
Netscape 7.1. I'm hoping that all mozilla derivatives (at least) can
import them. Anyone care to test? The file's there for the pickin'.

This is a working document, so any modifications are welcome. However,
I'd like to keep (make) it such that it can be directly imported into a
browser's bookmarks. I think it has maximum utility that way.

--
-Eric 'shubes'
"There is no such thing as the People;