Gentoo Genkernel Q...

Author: Michael Vanecek
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Gentoo Genkernel Q...
I tweaked kernel 2.6.5 pretty extensively to my tastes thru genkernel
--menuconfig and was even able to recompile without re-tweaking by
replacing the config files with the ones I generated so I just went back
in to make basic corrections. Now I wish to upgrade to 2.6.10 but keep
the same settings. I hate to lose the work I already did. Do I do
similar - just replace the .config and the .config.old in the src tree
and run genkernel --menuconfig? Or is there a way to "import" my old
config file and still have access to new configurable features? I'm
using the gentoo-dev-sources.

BTW, I did look and I didn't find much info in the gentoo forums
specifically concerning this.

Thanks,
mike
--