Re: Collaboration software

Author: Craig White
To: plug-discuss
New-Topics: Horde [was Re: Collabaration software]
Subject: Re: Collaboration software
On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 15:38 -0700, wrote:
> BTW, what sort of clients have you hooked up to this yet? I am particularly
> intersted in the collaborative calendering.

---
I have a fully implemented version for demo purposes on my home server.

I have a fully implemented version installed at a non-profit client's
office and am waiting for their office manager to set up the
users/groups - she's a bit buried at the moment and bewildered by the
process but it is simple to add users, she's just frightened by the
'newness' to it. I really want her to add the users to get familiar with
it. Once the users are created, I will migrate the email from their
existing mail server and put it to pasture.

Calendaring seems still a bit rough around the edges...reminders only on
pop-up window when logged in or via email if 'invited' or you the user
to whom the calendar belongs to, has chosen to get a reminder.
Invitations invoke 'free/busy' search of the calendars of all invitees
so you can get a handle on their schedules and plan accordingly ONLY if
they put their schedules on their calendars. Supposedly supports
import/export of iCal - You can tell that it's not ideally finished by
looking at CVS for 'TODO' on kronolith (calendaring module)

<http://cvs.horde.org/co.php/kronolith/docs/TODO?r=1.16>

but I think you will get a sense of the ambitions...

Craig