Still looking for a good PIM.. or just a good task list

Author: Bryan.ONeal@asu.edu
To: plug-discuss
CC: xusers-discuss
Subject: Still looking for a good PIM.. or just a good task list
OK, I am in even more desperate need of a good PIM. I am willing to cut the
outlook .pst import/export requirement, and for that matter I am willing to
cut every thing except the Task list and Calendar.  But the I need a task and
calendaring program that
    Will synch to a central file (preferably via ssh to my server, but if
I have to manually copy a few files up and down it is OK)
    Can be run on windows (without admin privileges is preferable, but I
can live without)
    Can be run on OS X
    Can be run on other *nix's
    The task list needs to be tiered, such that I can put down something
like Arrange RSS Conference and then underneath it put subtasks like, Arrange
Location, Arrange Speakers, Arrange Venders, etc.  And under those put tasks
like Arrange Location -> UAC Conference Room, TCC Auditorium, etc.

I have seen pluggins for outlook that do this, but I need something a bit more
portable Any suggestions, keeping in mind I am a poor starving college
student?

I am more then willing to dump everything I have now and start with a new
system if it meets the requirements above. Heck if I can get a task list that
does reminders I can dump the calendaring requirement as well.

Any suggestions would be most appreciative

(Yes, I have thought about just programming one in JAVA but I hardly have the
time)