Re: Video conferencing

Author: Ted Gould
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Video conferencing
On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 14:24 -0700, Ric Fischer wrote:
>I have a Fedora Core 1 server on which a client would like to do a
>single live video webcast.

http://www.flumotion.net/

Basically, that's what those guys are trying to do. I believe that the
only stuff included in the GPL download version is the Ogg Thedora stuff
-- but they do have a Java client for Thedora. I believe if you pay
money to Fluendo (the company that supports and writes Flumotion and
most of the Gstreamer stuff) they will give you full Real, Windows
Media, Quicktime, etc. (basically what you'll pay for).

I've never used their stuff, but it seems like the design and your
requirements match pretty closely.

        --Ted