More on clusterKnoppix

Author: Charlie Bullen
To: plug-discuss
Subject: More on clusterKnoppix
One of the programs included in the clusterKnoppix distro is openMosixview which shows the active nodes, how much memory each node has, CPU load on each node and many other things.

I can see all nodes (2 in the case on my home network) but it won't transfer processes from node to node, either automatically or manually.

One other odd thing is this. I have a router that does DHCP. Initially, I turned off DHCP on my router and used the primary Mosix node to do DHCP. (all subsequent nodes boot via PXE over the network). The other node booted fine, but with this configuration, neither node showed up in openMosixview.

Subsequently, I set the router back to doing DHCP, booted the primary node, then booted the secondary node over the network from the primary and both showed up in openMosixview.

That is all for now.