Re: missing screensavers in KDE

Author: Siri Amrit Kaur
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: missing screensavers in KDE
On Sat February 19 2005 18:51, Dennis Kibbe wrote:

> > How do I find them in my system and make them available under KDE? I miss
> > my bouncing cow!
> >
> > Siri Amrit
>
> Just run xscreensaver-demo to see all the choices. Don't worry, bossy's
> there!
>
> Dennisk

Hey, Dennis- you saw both my posts. That's how badly I want that silly cow
back!

I ran xscreensaver-demo and selected the bouncing cow. Great tip, that, but it
didn't work. There's no option to save the choices. The only relevant choices
are to restart the daemon or quit. If I choose to restart the daemon it
crashes. If I choose Quit, it still reverts to the screensaver I chose under
KDE- even though I disabled that one by unchecking the box to start it
automatically.

Any ideas how I can fix this? I must say, it wasn't this hard in the last
version of Slack...

Siri Amrit