Re: KMail to Firefox link?

Author: Kurt Granroth
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: KMail to Firefox link?
On Feb 18, 2005, at 12:58 AM, Craig White wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-02-18 at 00:19 -0700, Alan Dayley wrote:
>> On Thursday 17 February 2005 09:43 pm, Craig White wrote:
>>> I use Gnome so it's hard for me to locate...I tried running
>>> '$ kcontrol &'
>>> but couldn't find the setting...maybe if you are running Gnome, you
>>> can
>>> switchdesk kde - logout of Gnome - log into KDE and locate the proper
>>> setting/control panel to choose default browser. I thought that it
>>> was
>>> somewhere in KMail's Preferences but I see that it isn't there.
>>
>> Exactly. It's not in KMail's settings so I figure it is in the
>> general KDE
>> settings somewhere. I just need to look harder, I think.
> ---
> How about Kcontrol (or Konqueror 'Settings' - both will get you to the
> same place) - 'File Associations' - search for HTML - change the order
> (push Firefox up to top)

I didn't read the original post so I may be off-base.. but if you are
trying to change the default browser on KDE, the recommended way is:

KControl -> KDE Components -> Component Chooser

It allows you to choose the default apps for things like mail, web
browsing, terminal emulators, text editors, etc.

Kurt