Audio software

Author: Bryan.ONeal@asu.edu
To: plug-discuss
CC: ASULUG
Subject: Audio software
I am in need of some fairly simple audio software; nothing fancy, just
something that can record from one or more sources, split and splice one or
more audio track, and compress one or more tracks (track one becomes
background, track two foreground, and out puts to a third audio file)

Now I am not looking for Protools or anything (mostly because I prefer not to
pirate and can not afford protocols) Just something simple, and free to play
with.

Oh, one more thing, I need it to be source because I would like to run it on
my Mac :)