Long replys (Was: Re: Flat or Hourly Billing ??????)

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Long replys (Was: Re: Flat or Hourly Billing ??????)
Jeremy C. Reed said:

> Which makes me wonder: does this list have a policy to keep all of
> previous emails when replying? This is the only list I am on where this
> continuously happens. It sure makes it hard to spend time reading
> emails.

The list server does not repeat previous email text in the reply. This is
a matter of education and list manners. Most email clients are set to
copy the entire contents for the reply. People just need to know it is
better manners to edit out the extra and old stuff from the quoted part.

Some of them get very long and hard to find the actual new content. If it
takes me more than a glance to find the new content, I generally just
ignore the post.

Alan