Re: 678 setup

Author: der.hans
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: 678 setup
Am 09. Feb, 2005 schwätzte so:

> Doesn't that usually indicate incorrect termination bit settings?

Yeah, that could be it, but I'm 38400 8N1, which seems to be the correct
setup. Some resources said 9600 rather than 38400, but as I posted
previously that gives me speed mismatch junk.

Also, I am getting readable output from the 678.

> Either way, I have to ask (shoot me for the obvious) you are using the Cisco
> Management cable to that from a REAL serial port on your PC to that funky
> management port on the router; correct? (Or am I thinking of a newer model?)

/dev/ttyS0, the DB9 on the back of the computer. I'll play with USB
converters a different time :).

I'm using the cable I got with the 678. It's possible that the cable is
borken or that he gave me the wrong one.

Directions from Deru say to connect the yellow mgt cable and this one is
baby blue.

Anyone have a working 678 mgt cable I can borrow for a few days?

ciao,

der.hans
#  veni, vidi, wiki - I came, I saw, I documented