Sob Story

Author: Richard Whitney
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Sob Story
Pluggers!

Hardware failure over the weekend - bought a new M/B - turns out it's a hard
drive thing. Oh well, now I guess I'll need to get a new processor and some
more memory (for an additional system)!

I've tried to install Fedora Core 2 (haven't downloaded 3 yet) about half a
dozen times with differing HDD configs to no avail. I have deyermined that my
primary drive (/home) is to blame.

I have booted into Knoppix and I am rsyncing that directory to an external HDD -
40 gigs worth of stuff. When I format or even zero out the 80G drive (/home)
I'll transfer the stuff back over.

The external drive is a Buffalo brand I got at Fry's
Buffalo is coming out with a 1 Terabyte Network File Storage unit this month.

Just Sharing!

R. Whitney
Transcend Development
"Producing the next phase of your internet presence"
http://xend.net
Premium Quality Web Hosting
http://xendhosting.com
rw AT xend.net