Re: Restore RPM database?

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Restore RPM database?
On Sunday 06 February 2005 08:55 am, Craig White wrote:

> rm -fr /var/lib/rpm/__*

OK that removes all the __db.* files. Did that.

> rpm --rebuilddb

This took about .5 seconds to run.

> rpm -qa
>
> apt-get upgrade

# rpm -qa
gpg-pubkey-4f2a6fd2-3f9d9d3b
gpg-pubkey-db42a60e-37ea5438
gpg-pubkey-8df56d05-3e828977
# apt-get upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 removed and 0 not upgraded.
#

Re-opening synaptic shows nothing installed still. 'apt-get install bash'
still wants to install NEW packages like glibc and basesystem.

> you should be very happy - btw, did you check out smart?

It's not happy since I seem to have the same results as before.

Maybe it's time to take on my pending FC3 upgrade project.

I did not look at smart yet. I was going to reconsider my use of livna
repositories after upgrading to FC3. (BTW, it will be fresh install of FC3,
not an upgrade install.)

Alan