Re: OT Arizona drivers

Author: Lee Einer
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OT Arizona drivers

Alex Dean wrote:

> Nope, nothing steep in Denver. It's as flat as Phoenix.

Must depend on where in Denver you lived. I lived off Colfax& Gaylord. I
used to take the bus home from Larimer Square, and I can remember the
bus wheels spinning so badly trying to get uphill past the capitol on
Colfax in the snow that it would take sometimes 15 minutes to go a
block. People passed the bus on foot...

> The thing there is that 4WD doesn't slow you down nearly as well as it
> speeds you up. So, people still drive 70mph even when there's ice and
> snow all over the roads... I got trapped up in the mountains one time
> because some dopes caused a pileup near the entrance to the Eisenhower
> tunnel, blocking I-70 east for about 16 hours.
>
> Driving south on I-17 near Flagstaff last winter, I saw a truck in the
> northbound lane spinning complete 360s. He recovered and headed on
> his way, but it was a surreal sight at the time - like a ballet on
> 4WD. Very graceful spins, if you ignore the thought that the guy was
> probably about to crash/die.
>
> Bad drivers... they're all over. What's more, the definition of 'bad
> driver' changes with our mood. When you have a crappy day at work,
> everybody's a bad driver on your commute home. I am completely
> convinced this is true.
>
> laters,
> alex
>
> Lee Einer wrote:
>
>> Our most unique distinction is that we can have two of the nation's
>> ten most dangerous intersections, in the winter, despite the fact
>> that we have no snow. Denver has blizzards, and steep terrain. We're
>> dry as a bone and flat as a pool table, and with this incredible edge
>> we still can't keep control of our vehicles.
>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Well... I think we here in the valy still hold claim to two of the
>>> nations
>>> ten most dangerous intersections :) But only in the winter ;)

Lee Einer
Dos Manos Jewelry
http://www.dosmanosjewelry.com