parted problem

Author: Eric \"Shubes\"
To: PLUG List
New-Topics: Unwanted Web Site
Subject: parted problem
I'm trying to resize (shrink) a primary ext3 partition (root, sans boot)
using parted. I've tried the FC3 rescue cd (parted v1.6.15) and the
SystemRescueCD (parted v1.6.11), both with the same result.

When I try parted's resize (or check) command, I get:
Error: Filesystem has incompatable feature enabled.

I've googled for the error, and found no solution. From what I see in
the documentation, parted should be able to shrink ext3 partitions as
long as the starting point is the same, which it is. The fact that the
check command gives the same error makes me wonder (what?).

Before I (re)start from scratch, does anyone have an idea what might be
the problem?
--
-Eric 'shubes'
"There is no such thing as the People;