wifi problem on Suse9

Author: Stephen
To: plug-discuss
Subject: wifi problem on Suse9
I am using Suse 9.1. When I move from one access point
to another, it can't find the new access point. I
tried doing command "rcnetwork restart" it looks like
it works, but it says "dhcp no responce,
backgrounding". But after several minutes, it still
hasn't aquired an ip address. I've tried issuing the
command several times, never works. I also tried
stopping the network services, then starting them
again, that doesn't work either, still doesn't get an
ip address.
If I unplug the wirless card, then plug it back in,
then everything starts working again.
What commands I can issue to specifically get an ip
address from the dhcp server? Since I roam around
campus alot, I don't want to be plugging and
unplugging the card a bunch of times everyday. I know
that'll wearout the connections eventually.

=====
Stephen

Checkout my homepage http://www.public.asu.edu/~swiebel/index.html

Please donate to my college fund. I work full time and go to ASU, but with the tuition hikes the last few years its getting really tough to pay $5700 a year in tuition. I'm maxed out on student loans. https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=shackman97%40yahoo.com&item_name=My+college+fund&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD
Please help.
Thank you for your generosity.