Re: Gimp and opening partitions...again

Author: Bill Warner
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Gimp and opening partitions...again
In an attempt to be helpful, I'm going to make some assumptions. I
think you're trying to open image files with the gimp but they are
opening with Konqueror in stead and the hard drive partitions mentioned
is actually either filesystem or image files you are trying to open.

Konqueror, it sounds to me, is opening your images in a preview mode,
and gimp is not in the options.

I'm not a KDE user so I can only give you a hint on what to look for,
File Associations and MIME types. somewhere in the KDE configuration,
Image files are associated with a preview application in Konqueror.
You'll need to locate this and change it to the gimp.

As far as having to be root to launch konqueror I really don't
understand what you are trying to do there at all.

Hope this at least gives you some help in finding out what your issues
are.

--
Bill Warner <>