Re: odd mouse scrollbar behavior

Author: Craig White
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: odd mouse scrollbar behavior
On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 19:37 -0700, Dennis Kibbe wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 07:54:20 -0700
> Craig White <> wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
> > even better than that...
> >
> > open up an editor - oowriter is fine or anything else that is a full gui
> > editor. Select some text with the mouse on a web page.
> >
> > Scroll wheel 'click' inside editing program - et voila
> >
> > seems that this feature has been there for quite a while - depends if
> > Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> > is set in xorg.conf or XF86Config

> > Craig
> >

> The ZAxisMapping sets the scrollwheel to working and has nothing to do with cut & paste. Using the 3rd (center) mouse button to paste is usually set up automatically.

---
ok - good to know.

What I do know is to tame erratic behavior on Belkin KVM switch (do not
buy Belkin KVM switches by the way) I have to add psmouse.proto=bare
to /root line of grub - which kills both 3rd button paste and scroll
wheel. Seemed to me that they were highly linked attributes.

;-(

Craig