Re: Upgrade-ability of Mepis and Ubuntu (for InstallFest)

Author: Craig White
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Upgrade-ability of Mepis and Ubuntu (for InstallFest)
On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 07:03 -0700, Siri Amrit Kaur wrote:
> On Thursday 27 January 2005 10:15 pm, Dennis Kibbe kindly wrote:
>
> > Ah, just joking. I've got Slack 10, Mandrake 10.1, Fedora Core 3,
> > Ubuntu, Mepis. Don't have a lot burned yet since I don't have a
> > laptop with a burner at the moment, so feel free to bring extras on
> > Saturday.
>
> I can't download distros, but I have a fast burner. If you ever want
> to give me one of each a few weeks before the next InstallFest, I can
> burn a lot of them and bring them.

----
I don't know what other people's experiences are on this but I have
found with Fedora disc's that if I burn them at a fairly high speed -
like say 32x and then I put that cd in an older system - perhaps to use
as a firewall/router, likelihood of failure during install from error
reading one of the now 4 cd's is high.

Craig