Re: PLUG chat room idea (Alan Dayley)

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: PLUG chat room idea (Alan Dayley)
On Thursday 27 January 2005 11:11 pm, Joseph Sinclair wrote:
> The point was setting up a conference that supports the MUC protocol,
> which is integrated into some IM clients, and offers some feature
> improvements over the IRC protocol. I thought it might be good to have
> BOTH protocols available, possibly with a bridge between them (I think
> it's possible to do that on the server hosting the MUC conference).

I know. IRC isn't "cool" anymore.

I don't mean to discourage your efforts or idea. I was just pointing out the
existence of the IRC channel already setup for Phoenix. Wouldn't want to
flood Philly with out users. :^)

There are many chat technologies now. Web based, IM including Jabber many
other protocols and the original IRC. I don't really care what the group
uses. If we use too many, we get spread too thin and none of them will get
much use.

If you think your solution is best, set it up and sell it to the group. Looks
like Craig wants on board and need some assistance. Maybe more will join up.

Alan

PS. Great. Now my name is in a subject line. Know what comes up when I
google my name? Now it will always land on the PLUG archive!