OT - Seeking CHEAP Video card in NE Vally

Author: Victor Odhner
To: plug-discuss
Subject: OT - Seeking CHEAP Video card in NE Vally
I need a VGA card capable of 1024x768 or better
resolution, with 24- or 32-bit color. CHEAP.

I had (still have, for trade?) a perfectly good
AGP card with 4MB video ram, but the wrong
footprint. My new mother board only accepts
a 1.5v AGP card. I'm currently suffering with
an elaborate 3D "S3 Savage" PCI card that WinXP
does not handle well and Linux not at all,
just defaults to VGA.

I was offered a couple of rather hot video cards
at Computer Renaissance for $15 each, but that
is more than I want to spend! My needs would
be filled by something maybe 5 years old, and
my toys budget is drained for the moment after
investing in a new power supply and mobo.

So hey, is there anyone here in the Paradise
Valley or North Scottsdale area who would have
an old underpowered SVGA card for, say, $5 bucks?

Just thought I'd give it a shot. ;-)

Vic