BSD vs SysV init scripts

Author: Siri Amrit Kaur
To: PLUG List
Subject: BSD vs SysV init scripts
Besides the BSD's, are there any Linux distros _NOT_ based on
Slackware that use the BSD-style init scripts? The BSD-style of init
scripts is one of my chief reasons for using Slackware.

Most distros use SysV, and by default turn on a lot of services that I
don't need or want. Except for Mandrake or PCLOS, which make it easy
to turn off unneeded services, I find it confusing and hard to turn
off services in a SysV system. I like Mepis and Ubuntu, but because
they're Debian-based they use SysV-style init scripts and I can't
figure out how to turn off unneeded services.

Siri Amrit