Re: Too Many Video Packets in the Buffer (mike hoy)

Author: der.hans
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Too Many Video Packets in the Buffer (mike hoy)
Am 18. Jan, 2005 schwätzte Joseph Sinclair so:

> As far as what you can do, DVD playback really taxes the system,
> especially on a laptop, and the lack of hardware acceleration for the
> video is going to make it very nearly impossible to get it working.

Dunno if I have acceleration working, but DVD playback works fine on my
IBM T30 with an ATI Radeon Mobility 7500 using the ati driver[1].

I'm using stock kernel and X server from debian testing.

I used to have problems with one German DVD, but updates to the video
players seem to have solved that.

[1] Well, arts broke on me and I haven't figured out what the problem is,
so I'm currently having to get players to use /dev/dsp :(.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Stell dir vor, es ist Krieg und keiner geht hin...