Re: Advice requested

Author: Lee Einer
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Advice requested

mike hoy wrote:

> tried mepis live cd and sound failed. mepis 2004.03

Mike, I thought I had this problem too when I first installed Mepis on
my laptop. Turned out that the sound was turned off in KDE, which is
kind of a dumb default for an install, but there it was. I turned on the
sound in KDE and had no problem after that.

> mike hoy
>
> wrote:
>
>> Mike,
>> I would not trade it in. I am using a Compaq 1800t which has a pIII
>> 800mhz cpu, and 128mb RAM, and I can play dvd's with no problem. I am
>> also using SuSE 9.1 pro. I would have to say you have other<issues,
>> and I would stop running other apps in the background while watching
>> movies, as this is an unneeded burden on a system that is already
>> running hot. Laptops were not designed to run "heavy" loads, they are
>> not to replace desktops.....
>>
>> Mike
>>

>>> From: mike hoy <>
>>> Date: 2005/01/17 Mon PM 08:34:22 EST
>>> Subject: Re: Advice requested
>>>
>>> what i meant about shared ram is of the 512 mb of ram you can choose
>>> how much is given to the video card. the video card requires you to
>>> dedicate some of your ram otherwise it won't work.
>>>
>>> mike hoy

Lee Einer
Dos Manos Jewelry
http://www.dosmanosjewelry.com