Re: TinyURL

Author: Ric Fischer
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: TinyURL
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:17:09 -0700, Dennis Kibbe
<> wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 23:45:58 -0700
> "Kevin Brown" <> wrote:
>
> > Heh, and for those of use using a proper mail client, it still wrapped because
> > all HTML was stripped from the message for display :)
> >
> > Better way to avoid line wrap in URLs... tinyurl.com :)
>
> Thanks for pointing out tinyurl.com. I'd seen it used before but never stopped to take a closer look. Very useful!

My favorite is SnipURL at http://www.snipurl.com/

With SnipURL, you can create an account (free, clean and compact
privacy policy). When you do that and you snip a URL, you can
optionally pick a name for it. So, for example, when I snipped an URL
on an article that talks about how quickly a computer can be attacked
when sitting on a full-time, broadband connection, it gave me this:

http://snipurl.com/b4m5

...but while creating it, I chose a name for it and got this, too:

http://snipurl.com/UnprotectedPCArticle

(It's case insensitive, too.)

I've been using them for about 3 years (or more?).

--
Ric Fischer