Re: agp 8x recommendation?

Author: David A. Sinck
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: agp 8x recommendation?

\_ SMTP quoth der.hans on 1/12/2005 16:42 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ > Frankly, I'd think any inexpensve card with VGA and DVI connectors (a DVI to
\_ > VGA's usually in the box), will do fine. The Geforce 4 MX series, a FX 5200
\_ > or 5600, or an ATi 9200 or 9250 or 9600, will probably offer decent bang.
\_ > Cheap, often available with the extra head abilities
\_
\_ Are the drivers Free Software?

There are opensource drivers for nv, ati, and matrox but they don't
get the full features of the cards afaik. Whether or not the extra
ports/jacks and what not work with the open source drivers is possibly
googlable.

I've got a dual head at work via the simple expedient of two video
cards, one agp, one pci. If you have the slots, go with known
working. :-)

\_ Hmm, my old AGP cards don't even physically fit in the slot.

Tin snips will fix that.

David