Re: Jan topic

Author: der.hans
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Jan topic
Am 12. Jan, 2005 schwätzte June Tate so:

> I have 2 AMD64 and 2 PPC install disks. The extra 9 are actually two CD
> sets for x86 boxen (one CD is a live CD and the other is the install --
> sorry, no livecd for AMD64 or PPC).

Hmm. I need to try one of the AMD64 disks at work.

> Personally I used to be a Debian nut, but got tired of having to fight
> with some of the hardware I was using. Tried out Ubuntu and haven't
> really looked back (except for servers, anyway). =o)

Luckily I don't fight much with hardware. I just start ignoring stuff that
doesn't work :). I would like some end user oriented and/or commercial
distros based on debian to work out. Stormix was great, but died. Progeny
was working more closely with debian, but died. Corel had money, but died.

Yes, I paid for all 3.

Gotta try Ubuntu.

ciao,

der.hans
#  A Polish friend of mine got an offer for a free account from AOL. The
#  login ID was "HELLO" and the passwd "CYMBAL". She says "cymbal" is like
#  a Polish word for "sucker". 'Hello sucker', a greeting from AOHell :).