Re: OT: power supply question

Author: Dennis Kibbe
To: plug-discuss
New-Topics: Local computer OEM store, my favorite place to shop
Subject: Re: OT: power supply question
On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 14:44:34 EST
wrote:

> Two things:
>
> 1. A case swap's a pain, and not necessarily needed.

Takes about 30 minutes to move the parts to a new case and if the new case is larger and has a better thermal solution[1], your hardware will thank you.

> 2. Free-with-case power is often third-tier.

You'e still buying junk at Fry's, aren't you? Both Antec and In-Win make reasonably priced cases with reliable (and quiet) power supplies. Antecs show up on Newegg now and then with free shipping.

Dennisk
[1] http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_869_4348%5E1065,00.html