Re: svn database problem

Author: der.hans
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: svn database problem
Am 03. Jan, 2005 schwätzte so:

> I am trying to configure svn for multiple users through ssh, and in the
> checklist athttp://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch06s05.html
>
> The below text appears.
>
> "Your users need to use a sane umask when accessing the repository. Make
> sure that svnserve (/usr/local/bin/svnserve, or wherever it lives in
> $PATH) is actually a wrapper script which sets umask 002 and executes
> the real svnserve binary. Take similar measures when using svnlook and
> svnadmin. Either run them with a sane umask, or wrap them as described
> above."
>
> Can anyone here explain what is needed to be done for this? This is on
> a Debian system using subversion 1.0.6-2

----
#!/bin/sh

umask 002
/usr/bin/svnserve.orig $@
----

Haven't tested that at all, but it should work :). Thought you could set
UMASK, but I'm not seeing that in the man page for bash.

mv /usr/bin/svnserve /usr/bin/svnserve.orig

Make the above script /usr/bin/svnserve.sh, then look at
update-alternatives to make svnserve.sh the preferred alternative for
/usr/bin/svnserve. Better yet, if you can get svn to call
/usr/bin/svnserve.sh directly and leave svnserve alone.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "I have faith in debian-legal." -- Ted Gould