Re: Resize problem with parted

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Resize problem with parted
On Saturday 01 January 2005 05:31 pm, Craig White wrote:
> A good guess would be to run
>
> e2fsck /dev/hda2

This is running now. Had to specify -f (force) and -y (yes to all questions)
options since it was already marked clean and had no effect on parted. We'll
see how it does when it is done running.

> since you can't have it mounted while you resize it can you? Otherwise,
> a reboot with 'shutdown now -fr' should handle it.

Correct, it cannot be resized while mounted. I am running off the System
Rescue CD (http://www.sysresccd.org/). Nice tool, BTW.

Oh, it's done running the fsck. I'll go try parted...

Nope. Same "Error: Filesystem has incompatible feature enabled" problem.
Nertz.

Alan