Help the InstallFest test ntfsresize

Author: Dennis Kibbe
To: PLUG List
Subject: Help the InstallFest test ntfsresize
I've been reading the ntfsresize FAQ[1] and working with SystemRescueCD[2] in preparation for the January InstallFest. ntfsresize has matured to the point where it is very reliable -- even IBM uses it for the Enterprise Volume Management System (EVMS) Project[3].

My limited testing shows that qtparted on SystemRescueCD works very well at resizing Windows partitions and offers a friendly, easy to use GUI. NOTE: while most distros use qtparted and have ntfsresize, some distros may have an older version which can be dangerous to use. See ntfsresize FAQ[1] for details.

If anyone has the time to try out SystemRescueCD between now and the end of January on a Windows system (preferably on that has been in use for a while) and can report back to the list your experiences, it would be a big help getting ready for the next InstallFest.

Thanks,

Dennisk
[1] http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/mlf/ezaz/ntfsresize.html
[2] http://www.sysresccd.org/