Re: hung moz

Author: der.hans
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: hung moz
Am 16. Dec, 2004 schwätzte ec so:

> --- "der.hans" <> wrote:
>
> > moin, moin,
> >
> > while looking up a non-existent domain Mozilla
> > issued a popup warning
> > "$domain could not be found. Please check the name
> > and try again."
> >
> > The popup has an OK button that appears to depress
> > when clicked, but
> > doesn't go away and Mozilla no longer responds.
> > Using the kill button in
> > the window decoration doesn't work either.
> >
> > Anyone know how to figure out where Mozilla is hung
> > and get around it?
> >
> > ciao,
> >
> > der.hans
>

> Have you tried to 'restart' just KDE? Assuming you are
> running that wm. Hit cntl-alt-backspace and see if
> that restarts KDE and thereby mozie.

Well, I definitely don't want to restart my entire desktop. I'm trying to
keep from even having to restart Mozilla. It's alive, but it's stuck
somehow.

http://www.mozilla.org/unix/remote.html

That's what I'm thinking about, but it's a limited set of commands. I
might be able to get some stuff done via javascript. For the current
situation I'd like to be able to call next/prev tab, back and bookmark
page. What I really need is findHang() and killWait().

Hmmm, gonna have to play with saveAs(). Bah. unrecognized command.

mozilla -remote "saveAs(fred.html)"
Error: Failed to send command: 501 unrecognized command: saveAs(fred.html)

Same result for all lowercase. addBookmark() also isn't working.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "But you could teach these skills to a high-school student, and you could
#  probably teach them to an artist."  -- Richard Roberts