Re: startup programs

Author: Bill Warner
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: startup programs
Not positive but if you do that you may lose your KDE session, and only
start Mozilla with no WM when X starts. Most likely not what you want.
There should be a KDE (I'm not sure of the exact stuff I don't use KDE
much) session configuration gui somewhere in it's configuration menus to
do it the KDE way.

Other wise you'd want to make sure your .xsession file was something
like:

-----
startkde &
mozilla &
-----

-Bill

On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 22:30 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 22:09 -0700, Jim wrote:
> > I've got Slackware 9 with KDE. I have no .xsession file.
> >
> ----
> touch $HOME/.xsession
>
> then you'll have one - I believe that you don't need it and won't have
> it unless you or some start up setting creates it.
>
> Craig

Bill Warner <>