Re: SATA vs UATA vs ...?

Author: Bill Earl
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: SATA vs UATA vs ...?
Chris,

Unfortunately I didn't contact Dell or HP in either case. The other
three were systems we built ourselves from parts, and after seeing the
same thing on the Dell and HP systems, and having a number of spare
large capacity hard drives on hand, we threw those ATA drives in, were
happy with the performance, and put them into production. These five
systems were all emergency purchases to replace and expand some systems,
and they needed to go, right now!

I should add that all the drives we worked with were 250GB drives. I
don't have any experience with SATA drives under 100GB capacity.

Bill Earl
Network Administrator
623-516-4700, ext. 113
623-587-7787, fax