Re: mythtv with directv

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: mythtv with directv
On Friday 10 December 2004 09:04 am, wrote:
> Has anyone here setup a mythtv box with a directv reciever or signal?

Never done it before. However, google is your friend:

Search for "directv" text on this page:
http://www.pvrblog.com/pvr/2003/07/mythtv_howto.html

If you don't have a way to physically connect the directv box to the MythTV
box, you can use "IR Blaster." Some discussion of this is on this page:
http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/mythtv-info/MythTV_DISH_IR_LED_TX_via_Modified_LIRC.html

I am sure you can find more information around the web.

BTW, these links were found with a google search on "mythtv directv" and
surfing a few of the links.

> I would like to do so but I wanted to see if anyone here has
> successfully done it, does it seem anytime soon there could be another
> myth tv presentation?

We will have to ask mythtv users if they want to demonstrate.

Alan