Re: Need Help getting DVDs to play

Author: Mark Phillips
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Need Help getting DVDs to play
Austin,

Here we go...

Linux version 2.4.26-1-386 (horms@tabatha) (gcc version 3.2.3 (Debian))
#1 Tue Aug 24 13:31:19 JST 2004

crw-rw-r-- 1 root audio 14, 3 Jul 22 12:54 /dev/dsp

I don't think there is a problem with a regular user using audio since
as a user I can play music CDs without any errors. I think there is a
set up issue with ogle. I have read in some postings on the web that
this error message may be a bogus error message from ogle in that this
error message is generated for many different errors, not all related to
audio.

I am still digging into it.

Thanks!

BTW, did you see my earlier post on audio problems with my laptop? Any
ideas or suggestions for that issue?

Mark