Re: gentoo

Author: mike hoy
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: gentoo
Something is amiss. BTW i can reboot and use
networking and login as a user or root, but there are
lots of errors during bootup and when I log in as a
normal user. I won't give all those very long errors
here. I did check in /boot and there is nothing but
lost+found. in lost+found there is nothing
i checked lilo *not grub for this install*

lilo.conf
image=/boot/kernel-2.4.26-gentoo-r9
label=gentoo
read-only
root=/dev/ram0
append="init=/linuxrc ramdisk=8192
real_root=/dev/hda3
initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.26-gentoo-r9

I can't do a reboot now as I'm emerging apache.

Just for clarification, I post re: gentoo and
slackware and fedora 3 the gentoo box is separate from
the slackware/fedora issues.

mike h

however i can reboot w/out any problems at all. i have
to find out exactly where my kernel is