Re: Fry's -->Arguably Off Topic . . .

Author: KevinO
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Fry's -->Arguably Off Topic . . .
Eaton, VJ wrote:
> . . . but I need to vent. <---
>
> First, yes, the electronics, I've had to return several items,
> ethernet and graphics cards come to mind for 3 recent re-trips.
> But to be fair on that, they're good about accepting the returns.
>
> <vent>
> I had a deck installed 2 weeks ago. They missed the antenna,
> told me there wasn't one. I'm not normally one for clichés, but if it was a
> snake
> it WOULD HAVE bit him, hanging there like a tree viper, actually touching
> the deck.
>
> One of the speakers (there were 4 already in place from a previous
> installation--
> talk about having most of your work already done for you!), this one 18
> inches
> away from the deck, missed it entirely, then wanted to argue with me when
> I called him on it. "Must be a faulty wire. We're not responsible for
> running wire,"
> he said, which is to say what? we'll screw in the hardware, mister, but
> you're on your own
> if you actually expect the d@mn thing to work.
>
> The wire was fine, all 36 inches of it needing only 18 inches of travel, one
> end
> connected to the speaker, the other end just laying there. That's 2 snakes.
> </vent>
>
> For the volume they move, their prices are no deal, either. (Maybe this is
> still
> part of the vent.)
>
> I'm done with the place.
>
> V.J.

I will only use Fry's when I can't wait a day or two for shipping, and I can't
find a better local alternative quickly. The only 'good' prices they have are
generally on 'cheaper/poorer-quality' products then I would want to buy in the
first place.

For a good time, try to take back a monitor with an intermittent problem, if
you have a couple hours....

<note type='to_self'>Next time open the unit up and make sure it gets a
lightning hit to the internals first so it isn't intermittent anymore</note>
- --
KevinO

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what value there may
be in owning a piece thereof.
        -- National Lampoon, "Deteriorata"