Re: respin ???

Author: Syke
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: respin ???
Mark Jarvis wrote:

> Wile I wasn't looking, a new term has seemingly become
> widespread--what exactly does "respin" mean? I've looked in several
> online dictionaries without success.
>
> I have found lots of places where the word is used. From context it
> seems to mean:
>
> 1. The original release is no good. Throw it away and use this one.
>
> or 2. Respin n == update n (or n+1?).
>
> or 3. Respin n == release n (or n+1?).
>
> or ???
>
> Thanks,
>
> -mj-

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2003-November/msg00380.html

To quote,
"'spin' is one of many jargon words for creating the iso image.(I've
always assumed it came from creating phonograph records and some
association with that, but I really have no idea or data to back up that
assumption and would welcome any correction from anyone with real data...)
By extension, to "respin" is to create a new iso image."